Josh Duggar’s 12 ½ year prison sentence has been extended for almost two additional months, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons website.
The 35-year-old disgraced reality star, who was convicted on child pornography charges in 2021, originally had a release date of Aug. 12, 2032. Earlier this week, online prison records for Duggar indicated that his release was pushed back until Aug. 22, 2032, per Insider. However, the records now cite his release date as Oct. 2, 2032.
The sentence extension comes as Duggar reportedly remains in solitary confinement, where he was placed after allegedly being caught last month with a contraband cellphone. The “19 Kids and Counting” alum has been serving his sentence at the low-security federal prison FCI Seagoville near Dallas.
An attorney for Duggar and a representative for FCI Seagoville did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.
JOSH DUGGAR SEEN SMILING IN MUGSHOT PHOTO AFTER RECEIVING GUILTY VERDICT IN CHILD PORNOGRAPHY TRIAL
A federal jury in Arkansas found Duggar guilty in December 2021 on charges related to the receipt of child pornography and possession of child pornography. Last May, he was sentenced to 151 months in prison. Duggar was transferred from Washington County Jail in his home state of Arkansas to FCI Seagoville in Texas last June.
Lawyers for Duggar are seeking to reverse his conviction. During a federal appeals court hearing in February, they argued that investigators violated his rights by seizing the phone he was using to try to call his lawyer during the search that found the images.
Duggar was arrested in April 2021 after a Little Rock, Arkansas, police detective found child pornography files were being shared by a computer traced to Duggar. Investigators testified that images depicting the sexual abuse of children were downloaded in 2019 onto a computer at a dealership he owned.
Prosecutors said that the computer Duggar used had a monitoring program on it to report his activities to his wife, Anna Duggar, but the images and video were downloaded after separate software was installed that would allow him to download items without being detected.
Additionally, prosecutors said that Duggar was free to leave the scene and instructed not to speak with agents without an attorney, and he was also with two other people whose cellphones weren’t seized, indicating that “he had an option to speak to a lawyer even though obviously the officers had appropriately seized the phone at the outset of their search.”
Duggar’s attorneys argued, “What federal agents did is they physically took the phone out of his hand, and from that point forward, deprived him of the ability to communicate with his legal counsel, as was his constitutional right.”
Duggar appeared alongside his father, mother, nine brothers and nine sisters on the TLC reality series “19 Kids and Counting,” which ran from 2008 to 2015.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Allegations against Duggar date to 2006, when authorities received a tip from a family friend that accused him of molesting four of his sisters and a babysitter years earlier. However, the investigation ended after it was concluded that the statute of limitations had passed on any possible charges.
The allegations reemerged in 2015, leading to the cancellation of “19 Kids and Counting.” Duggar later apologized for marital infidelity and a pornography addiction and sought treatment.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Fox News Digital’s Elizabeth Stanton and the Associated Press contributed to this report.